Saturday, January 12, 2008

It's fun to stay at the YMCA......

Mat and I finally had a chance to use one of our free day passes at the Y last night. It was nice. I felt pretty comfortable and not out of place. They Y is really kid friendly. In fact it seems most things there revolve around kids. I was also impressed with the fact no one tried to "sell" us like when you go to the other gyms. They were just all nice and friendly. They have this aerobics class there called Zumba which I just can't wait to try.

Zumba : A FUN cardio workout incorporating unique dance moves with an international flair. This class is high energy but low impact

So overall it was nice to have a positive feeling about exercising!

Somehow I managed to get this weekend off. It has been great! I needed it. I have been really stressed out about work lately and it has not been helping my blood pressure. My doctor wants in the 110's over 70's for pregnancy and it unfortunately has not been close. (more like 130/90) I am sure the exercise will help too.

Mat and I have been having a mini tv marathon today. We watched about 6 episodes of Dexter on DVD. A little sick and twisted - it's been great! :)

1 comments:

Andee said...

It's nice to be able to vegge out every once in a while. It helps rejuvenate you. Good luck with the blood pressure - it sure is hard to bring it down!

 
template by suckmylolly.com