I know quite a few of you guys are doing weight watchers. Some online and some going to meetings. Why did you pick one over the other?
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know quite a few of you guys are doing weight watchers. Some online and some going to meetings. Why did you pick one over the other?
Posted by JustMelanie at 9:53 AM
Labels: weight watchers
template by suckmylolly.com
6 comments:
I go to meetings and it wasn't much of a decision for me. I need that accountability. I need to walk in somewhere and have them weigh me. And yes, the meetings are cheesy (although I have found one that is very low on the cheesiness), but I need the celebrations when you lose 5 lbs and when you have NSVs. I also always pick up tips and recipes and things. Right now, I have tried to increase my accountability to the absolute max, so I have to have the actual meetings. Maybe later I can switch to online, but I doubt it.
I'm not doing weight watchers right now, but I am doing Spark People. www.sparkpeople.com. It's great, and helps track your food plus gives you excercises to complete each day. I really like it. Plus, I like the fact that it is online, so I can take things at my own pace. However, I am dedicated (so far) to this this time, but Caroline is right, the accountibility of going in person could be helpful.
i had to go to the meetings. i needed to know that someone was watching me and if i didn't lose any i knew the embarrassment was coming. i tried it online and failed miserably. i also just found a website called www.revolutionhealth.com and i like it a lot. again, i'm hit or miss with that too, but it's neat. the meetings are a little cheesy - most of the people in my meeting were goobers, but they don't last long and sometimes i would just weigh in and not even go to the meeting. i lost over 35lbs on WW though and I know someone on it now that is over 40lbs lost. You learn the right way to eat and it stays with you. Even after having the babies, I just broke back into the 130s. It's just that last 10 lbs that gets you. Good luck!!! Miss you!
I go to the meetings. I need the accountability. I enjoy the rewards and the clapping (as cheesy as it is), and I enjoy the understanding that they provide when you do slip up. Plus, if you are an online member and make lifetime, you still have to pay. If you reach your goal weight and maintain it for 6 weeks at the meetings, you become a lifetime member and never have to pay (unless you gain again, and then they call you a paying lifetime member...you're always considered lifetime). Plus, if you have a baby and were a lifetime memeber, once you start going back to meetings, WW gives you 3 months free to get back to your goal weight.
Ok, I know you've heard me talk about it enough, but I really love our leader right now. She is really personable and not cheesy (the other one we tried was horrible!) I also think it helps to be around people in your same situation. Last time we talked about pulling food out of the trash...where else can you talk about that and people not think you're disgusting?? Plus, I tried online before and its really easy to forget about it.
Ok, so I don't go to meetings, but I'm sure you can figure out why. The internet is always open and I don't have to have a babysitter!
Post a Comment